[PD] reverse delay for live signal processing?

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 18:23:11 CET 2006

Hello listy,

A lot of my friends play instruments I would like to process in realtime.  I
understand that one popular approach is with delay objects.  At first I was
wondering if there was a special array that didn't give dropouts when it was
rewritten in realtime.  I don't think there is?

But similar things could be accomplished if there was a way to access a
[delaywrite~] buffer as dynamically as you can an array.  One example would
be reading the buffer backwards?

I'm eventually looking to build something similar to one of those Boss
Loopstations where you can overdub, reverse, etc in realtime.

Granted, I know next to nothing about how these things are actually coded
inside, but I thought I would pose the question and ask for ideas.

Thank you!
Kevin