[PD] [*] vs [*~]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Dec 27 21:40:27 CET 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> well, does polymorphism improve the expressive power in terms of
> determination between messaging and dsp?

I can't answer because I can't guess what you mean by "determination"
here.

Do you mean that it would be difficult to figure out what's a DSP object
and what's not, in terms of figuring out what's in the DSP chain?

Why do we need a DSP chain? Why do those tilde have the mojo dsp_chain()
stuff while the message mofos don't deserve such a cache-locality?

If there was no DSP chain, or if the chain included all of the non-DSP, we
might delay such determination until later... (but should we?)