[PD] [*] vs [*~]

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Thu Dec 28 17:03:39 CET 2006

> > why is there no |!/~| object like in max/msp?
>
> I don't know. Where's the [swap] that can support signals? ;)

well, a |swap| object itself is not a really good solution without an
optimizing compiler for the dsp chain ...

> > and why is expr~ so slow?
>
> I don't know, this might deserve a look (or a rewrite).

sample-wise dsp processing is usually way slower than block-wise. iirc,
i read something about a factor 2 ...

tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values
  William S. Burroughs