[PD] Set Operations

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:04:18 CET 2006

Thanks a lot, Frank. I am going to look at this stuff tonight.

Mike

On 12/28/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Alexandre Quessy hat gesagt: // Alexandre Quessy wrote:
>
> > Very interesting.
> > You can look in the list-abs library. I don't know if there is a
> > list-roll_left abstraction though.
>
> There is [list-rot], which is similar to [Lror] but rotates the other
> direction, so you should use [* -1] to make it compatible with Peter's
> tutorial.
>
> Yesterday I made a "toset" implementation, which needs some
> cleaning up but it's rather easy to do. I'm just not sure if it should
> be part of [list]-abs as it's rather special and "set" is an ambigous
> name, which I would like to avoid in a general purpose library as
> [list]-abs (or rather, I wouldn't want "set" to mean in [list]-abs
> what Peter Elsea describes in "Fuzzy Logic").
>
> [Ltop] is a bit more tricky to clone - Question: How to find the x
> largest values in a [table]? -, but I also have a basically working
> version. I attached my scratch-patch, in case you're interested,
> including a lot of bugs, so not for the faint of heart.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

"I place economy among the first and most important republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
perpetual debt."
-- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

"Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician