[PD] Re: [GEM-dev] Re: pix_video and dv1394 capture on Edgy

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:34:11 CET 2006

Thanks for the info. However, ADVC-100 that I use is a firewire A/V device
so the default behavior is 30fps at 720x480 (NTSC) with the only bottleneck
being the quality of the camcorder (which in this case is still better than
a webcam). But all this is moot as Gem worked just fine a month ago when I
was working on Hoary 5.04 and now on 6.10 it doesn't (either the extended
nightly builds or my own build). And this worries me since my project
depends upon transportability/transparency which is currently sorely missing
in this setup...

Best wishes,

Ico