[PD] mouse movement in PD causes audio dropout

jeff bechtel tactilerobot at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 20:38:02 CET 2006

Hi list,
  So, I'm running a new Pentium D dual core 2.66 ghz Dell. Win  XP Pro.

  While in PD ( no other sound apps) mouse movement causes the audio to drop out altogether. The sound resumes to normal when I stop moving the mouse.
  A look at the task manager performance monitor reveals the cpu activity spikes way way up during mouse movement- like 89-90% (whew!).
  This happens with both asio port audio, and the onboard audio

  My Dell laptop ( XP pro )  performs great in PD  , both ASIO and standard audio.
  The same spike in cpu activity doesnt do a thing to the audio playback etc

  They are running exactly the same screen resolution 1024*768 32bit

  I found the method on the PD archives for setting the prioity for PD to HIGH, and put it into the batch that starts all of my externals. PD runs normally, loading all libraries as expected, but the problem persists
  I adjusted the windows gui to run for optimized performance as well

  is it even remotely possible that it needs to be compiled for this type of processor?

  Thanks so much,
  PD RULES!!!!!!!!!!

  JEff

http://mail.yahoo.com