[PD] wave morphing

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 29 00:52:08 CET 2006

padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk a écrit :
> Couldn't quite follow what you were doing there Pat.
I forgot to put the comments in my first commit,
 so it make the patch hard to understand with all mistakes there was
inside...
>  Here's my take on
> a way of fading between two waveshapes stored in tables that might
> help.
What I am looking for is a little bit more complicated because it's
about fading between more than two waveshapes,
 but the principle is the same.
>  It isn't very well commented but in a few words:

Neat composition!
 I finally enjoy my mistakes,
which has driven my hears to listen to this piece.
> there's two tables, the crossfader exchanges back and forth between
> the two, each one is written randomly with a wavecycle (a random set
> of values times a curve to smooth the ends) when it has zero volume
> - so we get a continuously morphing pad sound.

This is a way very interesting to study, for generating waves, very
astonishing.
 I was planning to do something similar in some uncertain future, but
filling tables with voice formants.
PC.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com