[PD] [PD-announce] videos using mapping lib

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 29 03:52:02 CET 2006

Actually, based on this discussion, Cyrille and I updated [autoscale]
so that it can save its state and you can turn off the auto-tracking:

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html

.hc

On Dec 20, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Thomas Ouellet Fredericks wrote:

> You can try scale/adaptive from the pdmtl abstractions: http://
> wiki.dataflow.ws/pdmtlabs
> It is an autoscale than tightens over time.
> It was previously known as powerranger.
>

> Tof
>
> On 12/20/06, cyrille henry <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr> wrote:
>

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>

> > Looks quite nice, but I would like to see greater variation in the
> > sound.  Perhaps in the final show, there will more other elements to
> > fill it out.
> for sure, we make 2 more week of work after this video. but i think
> we nead a better microphone than the camcoder mic in order to
> record the sound.
> i don't know how the final captation quality will be.
>

> > So this is the first big proof-of-concept for the mapping
> collection.
> few years ago, this collection was call "la kitchen" in CVS
> abstraction folder, and i already used it a lot.
> lot's of things changed, but the spirit was there.
>
> > How did it work out?
> i commited everything that needed to be changed :-)
> this collection feet my need, but i think it's quite logical :-)
> (ok, i still have few things to clean and commit)
> i would like a autocal object with a start ans stop callibration
> feature. do you think i can add this to the curent autocal object?
> i also would like a an dynacal (dynamic calibration) object that
> take maximum value from the last few sec by example in order to
> make the calibration.
>
> i fink few abstraction could be turn into external for performance
> isue, but that's optional.
>
> >I have an instrument design that I'll be working
> > on over January where I will try to use the mapping library
> extensively.
> great.
>
> cyrille
>
> > .hc
> >
> > On Dec 19, 2006, at 7:04 PM, cyrille henry wrote:
> >
> >> hello,
> >>
> >> i used embeded sensors : flex sensors and accelerometter.
> >> the sensors are connected to a wifi sensors box and send to a
> computer
> >> over udp.
> >> you can find pictures of the sensors system here :
> >> http://drpichon.free.fr/ch/ecrire/upload/
> >>
> >> the mapping strategy is usually like this :
> >> sensors calibration -> data short analysis : (high pass filter,
> >> differentiation, ...) -> some kind of non-linearity depending on
> the
> >> movent tracked ([max 0] ...)-> curve object -> diferents kind of
> >> physical model filter to generate 3 data from 1 single input =>
> audio
> >> synthesis (noise + band pass filter (varing output amplitude +
> cutof
> >> freq + Q).
> >>
> >> in fact, i did not work on the sound : i just send data to the
> >> musician (and the light).
> >> i hope i'll have the show video quite soon...

> >> dance come from video game...

> [...]

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson