[PD] Objects don't loadbang when created with internal messaging

Federico xaero at inwind.it
Sat Dec 30 12:19:34 CET 2006

Frank Barknecht ha scritto:
> Hallo,
> Luke Iannini (pd) hat gesagt: // Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:
>

>> Abstractions don't loadbang when created via [; pd-mycanvas obj 10 10 myabs(
>>

> Send  "loadbang" to "pd-mycanvas" to loadbang the subpatch and its
> abstractions:
>
>   [obj 10 10 myabs, loadbang(
>   [s pd-mycanvas]
>
> Ciao

hello,
I remember having played with this.
but why manually created objects (i.e. with CTRL+1, objname, CTRL+E) do
receive their loadbang, while there isn't an equivalent for dynamically
patched objects? (yes, you can only loadbang the *parent* of the object
you've just created)

I remember a (perhaps dirty) workaround for this was to enclose the new
[dynamically created] object in a subpatch,
but this solution has a big drawback, that is: you can't do it in an
abstraction, because accessing 'pd-subcanvas-name' would not be unique.

otherwise one would have used [namecanvas ...], but someone is saying
it's deprecated??

big inconsistencies?

note: I'm not sure if dollarg expansion now works in a place different
from beginning, it est:
would-$1-get-replaced-with-its-value-and-also-$2-will?

my two cents

--
Federico