[PD] [*] vs [*~]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 30 23:27:42 CET 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Much more importantly, the thick coords represent that a different data
> type is passing thru the coords.  It's not really an issue of
> representing the implementation, instead it's representing that those
> two types of coords can not be intermixed.

But how does the type of those cords represent anything else than
limitations of the implementation? How does the choice of considering
those things as distinct types, and the choice to not auto-convert between
types, constitute wise design decisions, beyond just being things that we
have to accept as fact in the context of Pd?