[PD] 64 Studio and a 64bit pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 31 20:37:57 CET 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Malte Steiner wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> You could build the Pd-extended package on yoyur machine with the
>> right compiler flags, then everything should be 64-bit.  Even
>> better would be to help generate debian packages from the Pd-
>> extended build system.  That is happening already with the
>> PlanetCCRMA RPMs.
> I certainly want to offer a help. But the compilation so far has
> been a bumpy ride and still I didnt have all externals compiled
> properly, but at least the most important ones I needed for a
> concert yesterday. I dont know if it would be a help for anyone to
> pack up the .pd_linux and example patches into a .deb, it it rather
> uncomplete and I discoverd at least one or two externals which crash.
> So far my plan is to investigate further the issues and become to
> be able to perform a complete compilation.

It should be much easier if you checked the release branch:

mkdir pure-data
cd pure-data
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended abstractions
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended doc
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended extensions
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended externals
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended pd
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended packages
cvs co -r branch-v0-39-2-extended scripts
cd packages/linux_make
make install && make package

.hc