[PD] [*] vs [*~]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 31 20:40:26 CET 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Pd is strongly typed, so floats and signal data are different
>> types, just like floats and symbols.
>
> What is a type? (without just giving a list of the existing types
> in pd)
>
> What does "strongly typed" mean?
>
> Have you read what I wrote to you, about "strongly typed" being
> vague wording?

I think the wikipedia page does a pretty good job of describing it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_typing

The bullet points in particular.

.hc

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
> | Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom