[PD] [PD-announce] NYC Patching Circle: Wed, Jan 3rd

vade doktorp at mac.com
Tue Jan 2 19:01:23 CET 2007

This is actually a good idea. We might even be able to do some
streaming video/audio. Id be worried about turning it too much into
an 'event' rather than more of a work-shop/programming circle. Ive
tried to get things done there, and its nice to share ideas, but I
dont think it should be much of a spectacle so to speak.

might be nice to do a wrap up video of some ideas, techniques and
patches being used/edited/created during the evening though.

If only we (I) had time...

On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Jarbas Jacome wrote:

> Hello, Hans.
> Very nice idea this of Patching Circles!
> Are you recording that events? Like in video, blog or an informal
> report.
> It would be nice for us from distant countries. ;)
> Best regards!
> j.jR.
>
> On 12/31/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> This Wed, Jan 3rd 6-9pm.
>>
>> http://idmi.poly.edu/node/98
>>
>> This is an informal gathering of patching and patchers (Max/MSP/
>> Jitter, Pure Data, and even jMax, EyesWeb, vvvv, etc.).  Beginners
>> and Experienced welcome. Open to everyone, students, the public,
>> etc.  Work on school projects, personal projects, ask for help, help
>> others, or just patch quietly to yourself, in a room full of other
>> people patching patches and helping other people patch.
>>
>> Following a New Year's Theme, we thought that we should have a
>> session on best practices.  How do you make sense of all those boxes
>> and cords?  Let's share ideas.
>>
>> RSVP and I'll put you on the guest list at the door.  Otherwise call
>> 718 260 3693 when you get there.
>>
>> Directions
>>
>> All events will take place in Rogers Hall at Polytechnic's Brooklyn
>> campus, on the second floor, in room RH207. The entrance is on Jay
>> St. Across the street from the Marriott.
>>
>>      * train to Jay Street-Borough Hall
>>      * train to Borough Hall (walk one block East to Willoughby
>> Street and make a left on Jay Street)
>>      * train to Lawrence Street-MetroTech(walk one block North on
>> Lawrence Street)
>>      * train to Dekalb Avenue(walk two blocks North toward Manhattan
>> Bridge and make a left on Myrtle Avenue into MetroTech)
>>
>> For more directions, see http://www.poly.edu/directions/
>>
>> .hc

v a d e //

www.vade.info