[PD] the sad state of font/box sizes

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 4 08:01:40 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I started cataloging the variations in font and box sizes in Pd.  Its
> rough. Please add your information to this collection:

Btw on Linux and other X11-based systems, you should distinguish between
Tcl/Tk 8.4 vs 8.5 (or old 8.5 vs new 8.5), because the newer Tcl/Tk
uses Truetype fonts only, whereas the older ones use non-Truetype fonts
only, and the Truetype default Courier is rather horrible in terms of
wasted space (all sizes) and readability (at the default size).