[PD] glitch when using switch~ to apply fx

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jan 5 01:25:28 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> You'll probably need to use a [line~] or [vline~] to fade out 1ms or so
> before the [switch~].
>
> .hc
>
> On Jan 4, 2007, at 6:39 PM, patrick wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> here's a patch that use switch~ to turn off/on an effect. using
>> switch~ will save some cpu when the effect is turn off right? so that
>> is good, but the thing is i have a glitch when switching... is there a
>> way to avoid this? or maybe there's a better way for this kind of
>> setup in -> fx1and/or fx2 and/or fx3 -> out.
>>
>> i will add a dry/wet option to the fx part.
>> pat

Yes, see attached patch - this logic needs to be present in all switched
patches (thus it is a prime example for an abstraction...), I just did
it for the [pd bypass] so you don't get glitches if the sliders are all
at the bottom, but you still get glitches if any of the sliders are high.

Claude

--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org