[PD] pd music

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Fri Jan 5 19:45:52 CET 2007

Hi Patrick,

patrick wrote:
> hi,
>
> actually i am not using sfwrite~ for this track, my recording
> application was timemachine (linux only / jack). but it produces a WAV
> in 32bit float IEEE that no pd external is able to read the header
> information (samples, samplerate, channels etc).

In case it makes any difference to anybody, I've gotten TimeMachine
running perfectly on OS X. And "timemachine --help" lists options to
record 16 bit and other types of audio file. I've had trouble getting PD
to deal with the default files it makes also (with readanysf~). A batch
script with "sndfile-convert" is your friend here.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl