[PD] helpfiles

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jan 6 07:32:24 CET 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> The PDDP standard for this is to have every object have its own help file,
> then have a shared "all_about" patch for the common parts.

But how much is the PDDP "standard" grounded in actual practice, as
opposed to plans of future practice? Then what's the incentive to take it
for granted?

So, tell me, what's doc/pddp/operators-help.pd and
doc/pddp/otherbinops-help.pd and how do they follow the PDDP standard.
Then explain to me what's making the PDDP standard a standard.

> Each object's help patch should have an example that is specific to that
> object.  If there aren't different examples, then I don't see the point of
> having different objects...

But what if I come up with the same example, involving the N different
objects, in N different help patches. Do I have to copy+paste it all over
the place?

But how about answering the question that was in the mail that you replied
to? That is: