[PD] wiiremote b4
mike at ozmediasolutions.com
Mon Jan 8 23:54:03 CET 2007
I'm in the process of getting the Wii remote working with Pd under
Linux. It doesn't seem that the [wiiremote] object ported from Max works
under anything but Darwin... at least, this is my impression from
looking at the source and makefile. Would anyone know what it would take
to compile under Linux?
I have had success getting readings using the driver found here:
The Wii remote follows the Bluetooth HID standard, so I am trying to use
Hans-Christoph Steiner's [hid], but the external assumes that all hid
devices exist at locations like: /dev/input/event1
The WMD driver assigns the remote to /dev/input/uinput (because it uses
the uinput kernel module). Is there any way to tell the [hid] object to
look there instead?
Thanks a ton!
- Mike Wozniewski
Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> There is still lots you could do if you are still game. Post your cvs
> woes here (or perhaps pd-dev is better) and we'll get you up to speed.
> Just because I fixed my stupid mistake doesn't mean there isn't work
> to be done! ;) I am sure that there will be other things to fix or
> contribute with [wiiremote].
> On Jan 3, 2007, at 3:38 AM, nick weldin wrote:
>> Well you managed it before I even sorted out cvsing the source, thanks.
>> I'm not getting crashes now - its trying to connect.
>> Have not managed to successfully pair them yet but will be able to
>> try more this afternoon.
>> I'm getting the same situation that i was getting at one point with
>> the max patch, so am hopeful that i can rewind my memory to the point
>> where i remember how I resolved it.
>> The connect message appears in the the pd window as connect 1, and if
>> you 1 a one to a metro hooked up to the wii object you get 16 16 16 0
>> coming out (no changing values). The flashing leds don't stop on the
>> wii remote (this is the sign that it is trying to pair - the pairing
>> attempts usually time out after 15 secs or so if nothing is found to
>> pair with, so something is going on).
>> Will report back tonight if I have more news.
>> Happy New year everyone.
>>> I got myself on a machine that at least had bluetooth, so I could
>>> debug this. I found it, I forgot to add the line to the Pd section
>>> that allocates the memory to the wiiremote pointer. This line was
>>> added in b4 to the Max part, now its in the Pd part so it should work:
>>> x->wiiremote = (WiiRemoteRef)getbytes(sizeof(WiiRemoteRec)); // add
>>> in 1.0B4
>>> Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:wiiremote.pd_darwin.bz2 ( / )
>>> On Jan 1, 2007, at 7:07 PM, nick weldin wrote:
>>>> I'll have a look but it will be fairly random attempts
>>>>> Since I am using the same code as the Max object, I am sure I just
>>>>> overlooked something like an init, so its crashing. I don't even
>>>>> have bluetooth on my machine, so I can't really test it. The code
>>>>> is in CVS if you want to try your hand at debugging it.
>>>> PD-list at iem.at mailing list
>>>> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
>>> Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy
>>> is related to the telescope. -Edsger Dykstra
> I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
> meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds,
> and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits. - Martin
> Luther King, Jr.
> PD-list at iem.at mailing list
> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
More information about the Pd-list