[PD] Apple iPhone

vade doktorp at mac.com
Fri Jan 12 07:54:43 CET 2007

Well, no official support for it. Jobs actually stated that to allow
applications on the iPhone apple have will screen them. Google and
Yahoo are already writing applications for it (on record), with
apples go ahead. This means that apps can, and will be made available.
chances are they will be somehow digitally signed. Note the extra
spaces for icons on the home screen - thats a pretty big hint.

but whatever, if verified 3rd party applications are possible,
homebrew is possible, just look at the PSP/DS scene. Im hopefull -
but christ its expensive (and 6 months away..)

On Jan 11, 2007, at 11:32 PM, Abram Hindle wrote:

> Matthew Shanley wrote:
>> Sorry to be the buzz kill, but this hurts me as much as anyone else.
>> Word on the street is that there will be no possibility of software
>> development or installation of software by anyone but apple. ...
>
> If you can save webpages or open local webpages in safari then you
> can run little toy javascript applications.
>
> abram

v a d e //

www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info