[PD] Granular Cross-fader

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 12 19:07:10 CET 2007

Kevin McCoy a écrit :
> Oh shoot... can you explain that more?  I understand convolution in
> reverb but how might that work in a crossfader?
>
> km
>
>> Why granular? Why not a convoluting crossfader rather?

 The idea is about filtering one track with the spectral enveloppe of
the other one, and vice-versa,
The crossfade would pass progressively  from one track to another, but
instead of having mixed tracks
at the center, there would have the convolution between the tracks:
 There is a bad side, because this kind of effect can only affect the
filtered sound in real time.

There is an approach of this in I06.Timbre.stamp.pd

PC.