[PD] ASDR

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sat Jan 13 17:05:03 CET 2007

Hi,

I think this is a good idea. I'd use the patch for instance (-:

As for the multi-point sustain zone, I like it as well but it would need
one important feature _in my opinion_: the ability not only to define
the n sustain points but also to specify a different time base for the
sustain zone. I'll try and explain it as clear as possible: "typical"
(as long as one accepts the use of such a word in music) attack times
for instance are usually located in the 5-200 ms range whereas the kind
of amplitude modulation I'd like to have with such a feature
(multi-point sustain looping) are more in the 0.5-2Hz (500-2000ms) range
(my primary interest in this case being rather to create a smooth
amplitude modulation than a "ring-modulation like" effect).

So in the case of creating a envelope GUI (let's call it envelope and
even break point envelope rather than AnDnSR (-:) this is something I
would consider: the ability to draw some parts of the envelope in one
time range and some other in other parts. Typically A and D in the
1-1000ms range then (multi-)S and R in the 500-2000ms (in my current case).

Just exposing my thoughts and ideas. But if you implement such a thing,
I'd definitely use it (-;

++

Jé