[PD] floathotel and/or maphash and compiling for OS X

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jan 14 03:31:37 CET 2007

Hello,

Has anyone compiled Orm Finnendah*l*'s floathotel and/or maphash objects
for Mac OS X Intel?  see:

http://icem-www.folkwang-hochschule.de/~finnendahl/pd.html

They don't seem to be in Pd-extended, unless I've missed them.

On a more general note, I'd love to be able to compile these or other
externals myself, but I'm embarrassed to admit, I can't get the hang of
compiling PD objects for OS X.  I can't even get the first steps of Fink
package downloading working from Hans' tutorial for compiling all of
PD-extended for OS X.  I've studied floathotel's makefile, but I can't
figure out how to change the linux-isms to Darwin-isms(?) or whether I
should be using XCode or command line "make", etc.  Could some kind
person walk me through this?  I've coded C on Unix (too many years ago
to admit), and know a makefile from an include, but this eludes me.

Phil Stone
UC Davis