[PD] ASDR

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sun Jan 14 14:00:25 CET 2007

On 14/01/2007, at 13.17, Patco wrote:

> Since sixty years of electronic music the need for an enveloppe
> generator  with more than the four usual parameters has not been
> necessary, why would we need now an aaddsrr, what's the interest?

In the diy-synth scene people actually build that kind of envelope
generators. To make new sounds seam an good reason why. Also
envelopes of acoustic instruments aren't linear, hence multiple
envelope points gives a possibility to do a quite good approximation
(of say a logarithmic-like curve). See fx http://puredata.org/Members/
stffn/lin_env.png