[PD] wave morphing

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Jan 15 06:51:31 CET 2007

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 15:01 +0000, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>> When writing it I found a bug in wrap~ in pd-0.40-2 from Miller's site:
>>
>> sig~ 1
>> wrap~
>> print~
>> -> 0
>
> as i would expect.
>
>> sig~ 0
>> wrap~
>> print~
>> -> 1
>
> as i would expect, as well. where is the bug? am i missing something?

wrap~-help says:

----8<----
wrap~ gives the difference between the input and the
largest integer not exceeding it (for positive numbers this
is the fractional part).

largest integer not exceeding 0 is 0, or?

largest integer not exceeding X is X when X is an integer, or?

it makes life simpler when

(x - (wrap~ x)) == x

when x is an integer, as there is no [int~] in Pd.

> roman

Claude