[PD] flatspace? What the hell it is

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 15 16:17:12 CET 2007

Hello,
Georg Holzmann a écrit :

> As far as I understand it now, it is an "older" buildsystem, made by
> Günther.
> The new one is the one with the libdir format.

Ah thank you Georg, that's clear, I've got it now,
here's another explanation of the birth of the "flatspace" format:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-09/042190.html.
> However, there are still lot's of externals in the flatspace, which
> are not in the libdir format yet (especially one-object externals).
>
> And there are also many doubled externals, which are in the libdir and
> the flatspace.
> I just tried to delete the doubled objects, but we should discuss if
> this is useful and doesn't break other things ...

Without any clue I guess there is a good reason why external sources
have moved into another format, may I ask why?
> LG
> Georg

PC.