[PD] pictures from a digital camera

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 15 18:13:59 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> raphy.ilias at free.fr wrote:
> > Hello !
>
> > Another question : I'm now working with the pure:dyne (I think you know it). I'd
> > like to display the Gem window in fullscreen on an external
> > monitor/videoprojector. I manage to get an « extended desktop » (with Xinerama)
> > but not to display the gemwin on the external monitor : with [fullscreen 1( it
> > is always displayed on my laptop, and with [fullscreen 0( the video of the Gem
> > window is no more rendered when i pass it on the external screen. I tried lots
> > of settings in my xorg.conf, but it never worked more than once (if it works
> > one time, it doesn't anymore when i restart X). I think Gem refers to the
> > Screen 0 to choose where it is displayed, but even if i define the external
> > screen as the Screen 0,  it doesn't work, the « display screen » or the «
> > rendering buffer » remains on my laptop. My graphic card is a Intel 855 GME, so
> > i'm using i810 as driver. Has anyone got the same problem ?
>
> this should be a problem with your gfx card (though i have no experience
> with your specific model; probably frank can help you here)
> there is nothing you can do about this, but:
> a) try to mirror the output of the built-in screen to the external
> screen. this way you have less possibilities to interact with your patch
> (since your primary display is occupied by the fullscreen gem window),
> but at least you might get output.

Well, how to set up the PIPEs on Intel chips still is a mystery to me
as well, so I'm avoiding it. I also don't use Xinerama, but instead
just rely on your solution a) which is the default setup anyways for
xorg AFAIK. My laptop has a special key which cyccle between
disabled/enabled builtin screen/VGA output like (builtin on, vga off),
(b off, vga on) and (b on, vga on). Normally I then get the same image
on both screens and all is well (unless a Ben-Q beamer is connected to
VGA, as these seem to dislike my laptop.)

Ciao