[PD] Glitches during audio test on Mac OS X (newbie)

Joseph Wilk jwilk at budlight.com
Thu Jan 18 07:04:09 CET 2007

Greetings everyone,

Thank you for your consideration in my problems getting going with Pd.  I am currently running Pd version 0.40-2 for Mac OS X 10.4 (PPC & Intel).  On this computer, I have Mac OS X 10.4.8 running on a 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 with 1 GB of RAM.  I am using my built-in audio drivers.

When I try to run the audio test or any other audio-based patch, I get terrible glitches.  Usually, they are spaced evenly in a 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 rhythm (only occasionally breaking that rhythm before settling back).  No matter what I set the delay to, I get these glitches in the sound.  No other audio program (like Ableton Live) is having any issues with the on-board sound card  I am not running any other programs at the time of Pd.  I can reproduce this issue faithfully through several releases back, even with special "extended" compiles.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can continue troubleshooting or correct this problem?  Thank you kindly!

Best wishes,

Joseph Wilk