[PD] Glitches during audio test on Mac OS X (newbie)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 18 11:39:29 CET 2007

hello joseph

i am not a mac user myself, but a student mate of mine had a similar
problem with any version of pd (we tried about 4 different versions).
However, we couldn't find any setting to avoid these glitches (these
glitches have been also very regular, like: 'zlic ----- zlic-----zlic',
like in your case). even setting the samplerate to 48000Hz didn't help,
though that was mentioned in some mails before. also on her computer
other applications ran fine, only pd was causing trouble. then we tried
to run pd over jack and all troubles are gone. there is even a
precompiled osx-binary of jack and an appropriate gui available, which
makes the installing very easy:  http://www.jackosx.com/

i hope that this will be a help also for you....

roman