[Pd] Playing a bitmap

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 25 05:04:09 CET 2007

Claude Heiland-Allen <claudiusmaximus at goto10.org> writes:

> I think this technique is a form of "scanned synthesis", but I'm not
> an expert on terminology.  At least searching pd-list for that term
> shows up some interesting results...

No, not at all.  Scanned synthesis is explained here:
http://www.csounds.com/scanned/

Anyways, I remember doing things like reading an image with
[soudnfiler] into arrays as raw data.  It gives interesting results,
especially on uncompressed image formats.  But there was no fancy
playhead.  It was pure data ;) just like the classic
cat image.tif /dev/dsp

I recon this is not what Chuckk is looking for...

./MiS