[PD] slowly load a pd-patches/abs without dropouts

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Fri Jan 26 13:03:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 09:40 +0100, Enrique Erne wrote:

> > the dsp chain
> > needs to be rebuild whenever the dsp graph is changed, which causes
> > audio dropouts if your patch has a certain complexity...
>
> tim: i'm not sure about the dsp-chain problem and how to test
> it.
>
> when i dynamically create abs like this:
> [; pd-subpatchname obj 10 10 abstraction-name args(
> dsp seems not to be updated unless i create a ~ obj in an other
> subpatch and clear it afterwards. (again workaroundism :)
>
> but when i dynamically create objects i never had dsp-chain problems
> so far.

it depends on how complicated your patch is dsp-wise (number of objects
and number of connections) ... in my own performance patch, it's not
possible to connect/disconnect dsp objects without an audio dropout.

it's a problem, that doesn't occur with trivial patches, though ...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange
the Muse. It cannot be done. You can't fake quality any more than you
can fake a good meal.
  William S. Burroughs