[PD] Audio Manipulations in Wavelet Domain Information

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:58:21 CET 2007

Hi list,

I want to present some information at my PD site about my Diploarbeit at
IEM.

[ The aim of this work is to research the possibilities of use the discrete
wavelet transform in real-time with Pure Data for analysis / resynthesis of
audio signals. With this intention I approached to a new sort of granular
synthesis with Pure Data based on wavelet transform: resynthesis of an audio
signal from its wavelet coefficients by means of an additive synthesis of
wavelet streams (a temporal succession of 'wavelets grains' for each scale
or frequency level which are enveloped by an amplitude factor obtained from
wavelet analysis coefficients). Another audio applications by means of
wavelet coefficients manipulation have been developed to study the
possibilities of pitch shift, time stretch, equalization and audio
randomization. ]

I have thought it could be interesting for people who is interested in
wavelet transform and audio processing. Any criticism and feedback is
welcomed.
I seized the opportunity to thank Winfried Ritsch, for all their help and
support during the course of my research at IEM, and also I thank Johannes
Zmölnig and Thomas Musil for their help in PD programming.

--> https://puredata.org/Members/raul

Regards.

--
Raul Diaz Poblete