[PD] Question about vline~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jan 26 20:10:31 CET 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Mayer hat gesagt: // Thomas Mayer wrote:

> I have a question about the non-left inlets of vline~. If I read the
> help patches right, then the right input of [line] is grain rate, so I
> suppose the same applies to [line~]. [vline~] has three inlets, so I
> also suppose that one of those is grain rate. What is the other one?

It's the initial "predelay", that is, the third optional element of a
list sent to vline~'s first inlet. If you for example add a number box
to the [vline~] object in the help patch and set this to 2000, then a
message [1 1000( sent to the first inlet will ramp to 1, but with a
two second delay.

This works only one time. A following message wil start immediatly
again.

Ciao