[PD] slowly load a pd-patches/abs without dropouts

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Sun Jan 28 04:15:56 CET 2007

Tim Blechmann wrote:
> all threaded implementations of the soundfiler/sndfiler have the
> problem, that the dsp chain needs to be resorted after loading a file to
> a table ... so, an audio dropout will occur, when the dsp chain is
> resorted.

This would be easy to prevent, assuming the output device is
sufficiently decoupled from the DSP chain. When the DSP chain has to be
resorted, render out an extra couple of blocks of audio using the
unsorted chain into a larger-than-normal output buffer, resort the
chain, then pick up where the old chain left off. So long as the
resort-DSP-chain code is vaguely aware of what's going on in the
stuff-buffer-into-DAC code, this should work.

How does one get dev access to the PD source? I'd love to get my hands
dirty..

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107