[PD] osc

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 29 10:57:26 CET 2007

[second attempt at sending, since my new machine is not yet fully
configured and the first attempt bounced :-/]

moinmoin,

yep, that's what OSC is for -- sending to arbitrary IP addresses.  be
warned though, that since OSC (usually) uses UDP as its transport, your
packets might get lost en route; although even the intercontinentally
ballistic osc barrages i've sent (1 packet every 50ms or so, from
ISP#1(Germany) to ISP#2(USA) using 56k analog modems on both endpoints)
by and large seemed to get through intact...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2007-01-29 02:31:38, europa989 at aol.com appears to have written: