[PD] edit or play mode information

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 29 17:27:09 CET 2007

Steffen wrote:

> On 29/01/2007, at 15.30, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>
>> I didn't think you wanted cursor control.  I'm saying I don't think
>> what you want is possible, but it is possible to set up other keys to
>> control edit mode, and that the toggle that does so can be used to
>> directly control other things.  Maybe someone else knows a way to read
>> the mode from a patch; I've never found a way either.
>
> When sending the msg. [; pd editmode 1(, Pd respond with this:
> pd: unknown message editmode  1
>
> So it might not be possible to read the editmode status of the current
> patch, as it is with a subpatch using:

well "pd" is not the current patch but a global receiver. since pd
itself cannot be in edit mode (only patches!), the [; pd editmode $1(
does not make sense.

aprt from that, you should be able to use [; pd-patch.pd( once the patch
is saved.
(but still you don't get notified of changes!)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes