wrap~ (Was: Re: [PD] wave morphing)

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Jan 29 18:41:32 CET 2007

On 29/01/2007, at 17.22, Denis Trapeznikoff wrote:

> That said. Why does wrap~ of fx. the signal -0.99 return 0.00999999?
> and wrap~ of fx. - 5.99 return 0.0100002?
>
> It seems that the precision is low: if wrap~ outputs the difference
> with the signal and the greatest integer, not larger than it, for
> -0.99 it should return 0.01.

Yes, exactly. I just wondered how-come  it wasn't precise.

> BTW, if one wants to get frac part of the signal, then with the
> current implementation of wrap~ (returning 1 for each non-positive
> integer)
>
> [wrap~]
> |
> [wrap~]
>
> should do the work: 0 for any integer and the frac part for any
> other number.

Here it just swaps it, such that for non-positive integers returns 1,
as it with one wrap~ object does for non-negative integers.

I still don't understand how warp~ of non-negative integers signals
returns 1. The help files says one are to find the largest integer
not exceeding the signal, which for integers are the given integer it
self; then find the difference, which is 0; and then calculate
difference mod 1, that is 0 mod 1, which is 0. What am i missing?