[PD] sig/control on/off

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 14:36:08 CET 2007

That's what I'd assumed too, and a little test with [unsig~], [env~] or
[snapshot~] shows there are still empty (zero filled) blocks passed.

Or, in other words, you can only reduce CPU usage in a chain by explicit
use of [switch~] to turn of DSP computation in subpatches and abstractions.

And I guess that's the correct behaviour you want if you think about it.
Having it behave like tri-state logic with a "disconnected" state seems
appealing for a moment, but it would make things unpleasantly complicated.