[PD] DSP loops

Kim Taylor kimoni at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 13:55:44 CET 2007

Roman,

> either you set the block-size to 1 or you could use
> [fexpr~ ] or any other object that allows recursion ([rpole~], [rzero~],
> [biquad~] and the like), which might not do exactly, what you want. so
> [block~ 1] might still be the best choice.

When you say they allow recursion, I don't understand how they can be
used to overcome the DSP loop problem. As I understand it these
functions work recursively- in the case of the filters rpole~ and
rzero~ by using the values associated with previous sampling
intervals- but on a higher level their addition to the signal chain
doesn't allow for recursive behaviour... or am I missing the point?
Thanks