[PD] Re: DSP loops

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 31 09:36:19 CET 2007

Hallo,
Kim Taylor hat gesagt: // Kim Taylor wrote:

> The structure I am implementing is basically a modified model of the
> structure shown on this page -
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/swgt/Rigidly_Terminated_Ideal_String.html
>
> I have this model working (by using a delay with length 0 and
> blocksize set to 1), if you're interested it's here
> http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~kt503/PD/kt1-d_DWG-a.zip
> (unzip to folder, open 1-Ddwg-2g.pd)

Are you sure you packed the right patches? There's not a single
[block~] used in that archive according to "grep block *.pd".

Anyway for this kind of "recirculating delayline" your lowest delay
time is one block in Pd because of the feedback. See Miller's T&T book
for a longer explanation.

> However I now need to integrate this with other modules on a higher
> level (this is just a simple component).

You probably want to use more "$0-" variables for send/receive and
delay names then. I would recommend to make it a habit to *always* use
variables prepended with "$0-" and only skip the $0- if you really
want global access deliberately. Personally I'm even using UPPERCASE
names for these.

Ciao