[PD] installing pd mac osx

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Feb 2 13:05:49 CET 2007

On 02/02/2007, at 12.07, paco + reme wrote:

> i´m installing pd-0.39.2
> Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7-macosx104-powerpc.dmg
> in my pb G4 mac os x 10.4, but i only see one icon pd (app. run
> ok), no folders of pd ¿where i can to search in my hard drive the
> resources of extended package? I can´t see nothing

just to make sure:
you downloaded the dmg file,
double-clicked it,
dragged the pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app to /Applications
dragged the plist file to /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/
and then doubled-clicked on the Pd app icon (now located in /
Applications)

Then what you see is a that a window called Pd opens. Navigate to the
Help panel in the menu bar (in the top of the screen (im not sure if
it is called the "menu bar", but you'll know what i mean), click on
it, click the "Browser...". In other words: go to Help -> Browser...

What happens then is that the help browser window opens. From there
you can open already made Pd patches, from which you can learn about
Pd. Click for example on "2.control.examples". Then the help brwoser
window expands, showing a second column. Now click
"01.PART1.hallo.pd". Then a new window opens. It is a Pd patch. You
can open several other Pd pacthes from this column all on the topic
of "controlling Pd". If you are dying to get some audio, click the
3.audio.examples from the first column of the help browser, the
content of the second column now changes.  Pick a Pd patch from
there. I think you get the idea now.

When you get fed up messing about in the help browser, clicking on
weird graphical structures that makes little sense, it is good to
read the manual (Help -> Html ...).

I hope this was not (too) trivial to you.