[PD]OT-What would you name this function?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 06:26:38 CET 2007

I have a feeling it's very well-known...one case is to have fH=2*fL,
which is the Morley wavelet...

On 2/3/07, Charles Henry <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a function I think could be useful for system response measurement:
> f(x)=sin(pi*(fH-fL)*t)*cos(pi*(fH+fL)*t)/t
> it's basically the ideal bandpass function, it's fourier transform is
> 0.5 between fL and fH and 0 everywhere else.  There's another related
> signal, the sinc... but what should this one be called?
> "cosinc" is already taken--it's the name of the derivative of the
> sinc.  sincos?  sounds silly
> Chuck

More information about the Pd-list mailing list