[PD] the state of VST plugins in Pd

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 15:36:53 CET 2007

Plugin~ compiles (Hans has it doing it somehow, I couldn't get it to work)
but it doesn't actually work for me, just causes Pd to crash.  Also, the
difference between OS X vsts and Win32 vsts is a factor here, from what I
understand.  So unfortunately I don't think Mac OS X is doing too well right
now as for plugins, but hopefully someone who knows C will be able to fix
that?  There are many who would be very, *very* happy to be able to use
ladspa plugins!

An option I haven't tried is dssi~ - you may want to look into that.

Kevin

On 2/4/07, carmen <_ at whats-your.name> wrote:

> On Sat Feb 03, 2007 at 10:11:34PM -0500, David NG McCallum wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I know that there was some activity going on at some point with using
> > VST plugins in Pd, and I got the impression that there were several
> > unrelated objects, or legacy objects, and I was never really sure
> > which the "current" VST object was for Pd (plugin~? vst~?). So…
> >
> > Is it currently possible to host VST objects in OS X in Pd? Which
> > object should I be using? CVS? Is compilation straightforward?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > David
> >
> > ps. My question also goes for LADSPA, does the old plugin~ work for
> > LADSPA in os x?
>
> both tgrill's vst~ and plugin~ should work on OSX with trivial
> modifications. i suggest you just try compiling them, after collecting the
> requisite SDKs.
>

> > --
> > http://sintheta.org

++++