[PD] difference between protocol

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sun Feb 4 17:46:44 CET 2007

hi

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 10:21 -0600, Kevin McCoy wrote:
> If I'm correct, OSC sends only UDP, which doesn't have any packet
> verification.  I don't really know what that means or how it works but
> I remember reading that somewhere.

osc is not really bound to udp, although (unfortunately) most
implementation just use udp.

pd's netsend/netreceive protocol is sending data in plain text, while
osc adds some type information and can join several messages into
bundles, which are processed at once ...

hth ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness
  Samuel Beckett