[PD] Re: Looping

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:45:16 CET 2007

You will have to have an envelope to avoid clicks, even though it need
only be 10-20 ms, which is fairly inaudible. Otherwise, you'll just
have to make sure that the beginning and end of your sample both are
exactly the same amplitude (traditionally 0) or the discontinuity will
cause a click.

I'm guessing that most pro audio apps automatically envelope their
playback by 10-20 ms when scrubbing the sample. If it is a quick
linear or exponential envelope of that small of a time, which then
stays at 1 until the very end of the playback, you won't even notice
it.

~Kyle