[PD] edit or play mode information

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 5 11:21:00 CET 2007

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> On 1/30/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> >
>> > Also, you can track the state if you do this:
>> >
>> > [receive pd]
>> > |
>> > [route editmode]
>> > |
>> > [X]
>> >

>> no, you cannot.
>> at least: i cannot.
>> see http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-01/046344.html
>> (hey, that was only yesterday...)
>
> [receive pd-subpatch]
> |
> [route editmode]
> |
> [X]
>
> works, and was maybe what he meant.  My thought was to have a separate
> send-receive for notifying other objects of changes, because this
> receiving messages intended for subpatches makes me uneasy.  You also
> don't need the [route] if there's a separate channel just for editmode
> tracking.

it seems like i am missing something fundamental here.
your patch does not work for me.

except if i would be turning editmode on/off via explicit messages to
pd-subpatch (but then it is trivial); maybe this is what you mean.
i thought about being notified if the subpatch goes to edit-mode, e.g.
because the user has done Ctl-E.

mg.sdft
IOhannes