[PD] edit or play mode information

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 21:05:07 CET 2007

> > [receive pd-subpatch]
> > |
> > [route editmode]
> > |
> > [X]
> >
> > works, and was maybe what he meant.  My thought was to have a separate
> > send-receive for notifying other objects of changes, because this
> > receiving messages intended for subpatches makes me uneasy.  You also
> > don't need the [route] if there's a separate channel just for editmode
> > tracking.
>

> it seems like i am missing something fundamental here.
> your patch does not work for me.
>
> except if i would be turning editmode on/off via explicit messages to
> pd-subpatch (but then it is trivial); maybe this is what you mean.
> i thought about being notified if the subpatch goes to edit-mode, e.g.
> because the user has done Ctl-E.

I meant explicit messages, I thought that was what Hans might have meant to say.
My original point was that in this case, when the subpatch is only
used for a specific purpose, it doesn't hurt to short-circuit Pd's
native Ctl-E with some other key combination that can then be used to
control conditional stuff.
Here's an example, using [active] from the cyclone library.

-Chuckk