[PD] [OT] gallery installation sound

Florian Kuehnle flokuehnle at gmx.de
Wed Feb 7 22:33:10 CET 2007

Am 07.02.2007 um 20:12 schrieb Kevin McCoy:

> Low ends tend to get very muddy and the highs and mids spill all
> over the place.  Are there certain tricks I could use in mixing or
> placement/kinds of speakers to preserve the highs and mids better
> in a difficult space?  This might be a difficult question since you
> can't hear the piece in person, but even general advice would be
> very helpful.

hi kevin,

its really difficult to say so remotely without knowing both your
piece ans the place. but generally i'd say: don't use too high
volumes and use good sounds for the room you're in. "natural"
reverberation can be used or played with very nicely and ear-
pleasing. but the higher volume goes, the more the room gets excited
and filled with echo and reverberation and the "uglier" it sounds to
the normal listener...

cheers f.

--
Florian Kuehnle