[PD] Dynamic generation of $0-including objects?

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 8 11:42:04 CET 2007

Luke Iannini (pd) a écrit :
> Hm... I'm not sure if your patch was supposed to "work" or demonstrate
> my issue, Chris... thanks for making it regardless : ).
>
> Alexandre, not sure what you're suggesting either since [f $0] would
> output the "value" of $0 rather than the actual characters "$0"
hello,
there something I don't understand,
why do you absolutely want to get the characters "$0" when it's for
'dynamic patching'
at the moment the $0 value is for the current instance of a patch, the
target subpatch only need the $0 value,
and it doesn't matter if it's the value or the characters,
unless this dynamical patching is for building subpatches that will be
saved into the current patch,
so I don't understand why building dynamically subpatches in patches
that will be saved in the current state.
 Usually, dynamical patching is usefull for attributing provisional
states into a patch.
Is there another way to use dynamic patching?