[PD] puredatabase

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:05:10 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> I thought we (the potential users of the database) in this phase could
>> brainstorm and discuss ideas on how we would like it.
>
> I think this should be generated from the meta data in the help files.
> For PDDP, we plan on using the help files as the central location for
> meta data.

I would rather have content (in xml style) and layout (webformat, pdf
format,...) separated
<object>
   <objectname>coolobject</objectname>
   <library>core</library>
   <description>blablablab</description>
   <tags>audio,streaming,web,keywords<tags-family>
   <help-patch>
    a pd patch...
   </help-patch>
</object>
(...and many many more).
parsing this meta data into the pd patches is probably easier. and
editing the metadata outside, too. (using copy, paste, replace)
m.