[PD] namecanvas: why deprecated?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Feb 9 10:34:40 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:45:12AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I can only think of a small handful of usecases where [namecanvas] is
> actually necessary.

Hi Frank,

I agree with you that most things can be done by dynamically creating a
subpatch or something like that. Maybe we should define these occasions
when [namecanvas] is neccessary so we can illustrate if we actually need
it or not. I'll have a grep through my patches to see if I can do
without it on the occasions where I've used it.

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx